Cleaning Egyptian Cotton Bedding
Most Egyptian cotton sheets which are made of 100% cotton are washable and are safe to run on machine dry. Few manufacturers may instruct to use line dry cotton sheets as the fabric can may be delicate. Therefore the most important step before cleaning any Egyptian cotton sheet is to read the manufacturer's instructions. It is also recommended to wash the new Egyptian cotton sheets once before using it.
- Wash Egyptian cotton sheets separately and do not wash it along with other clothing or soft furnishing items.
- Wash Egyptian cotton sheets using cold water or at bath water temperature, on a gentle or delicate cycle. Use mild laundry detergent washing solution that is pH balanced. Use diluted solution of the mild detergent.
- For white and ivory cotton sheets, its safe to add non chlorine bleach.
- To avoid wrinkles on the Egyptian cotton sheet, remove the sheet from washing machine as soon as the cycle ends and shake the sheet.
- To dry the Egyptian cotton in dryer, run it in dryer until they are only slightly damp. Remove the cotton sheets from dryer and hang it up to dry.