Cleaning Jacquard Curtains
Jacquard curtains cleaning must be done carefully due to the nature of the fabric. Using improper method to clean the curtain can lead to color bleeding, fabric distortion and shrinkage. Jacquard curtains can be cleaned by following few simple steps as listed below:
- Vacuum clean the curtains while they are still hanging. Use a gently brush to remove loose dirt and debris. Remove individual panels and give a brisk shake to get rid of dust.
- Read manufacturer's label to know cleaning instructions.
- Remove all curtain hardware such as hooks, pins etc and spread the curtain out to search for stain or discoloration.
- To remove light blemishes, blot gently with soft cloth that is soaked in distilled while vinegar.
- To rinse, use cold water.
- Pour mild detergent or use baby shampoo into a bathtub and fill with cold water. Sit the water briskly to create soap studs.
- Gently immerse a single panel in the bathtub and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Slowly agitate the water soap mixture in bathtub to let the liquid spread across the jacquard fabric surface and loosen dirt. Rub the fabric gently to remove dirt.
- To remove detergent from fabric, hold the curtain under stream of cold running water and squeeze the fabric to remove excess water and detergent material.
- Avoid wringing or twisting the fabric.
Drying Jacquard Curtains
Jacquard curtains can either be placed on line to dry or dries in a dryer. When dried in dryer, the dryer should be set to air-dry or fluff. It is common for wrinkles to appear on dried fabric. These wrinkles can be removed using warm iron.